- Click on Marketplace from your newsfeed. It’s located on the left side of the page.
- Click on Sell Something to list items.
- Click on Category and select Garage Sale.
- Create a description under “What are you Selling?”.
- Set the price to zero.
- Add your sale’s location and some pictures.
- Click Next and then Post.
Likewise, people ask, how do I advertise my garage sale?
From garage sale ads to great signage, here’s how to advertise your yard sale.
- Advertise on Craigslist.
- List Your Yard Sale in the Newspaper Classifieds.
- Make Garage Sale Signs.
- Submit Your Sale to Yard Sale Websites.
- Promote Your Yard Sale on Social Media.
Beside above, where should I list my yard sale? Do list your yard sale in the appropriate classified sections of both Craigslist and your local newspaper, including both the newspaper’s print and online listings. Old school shoppers may depend on newspaper listings, and the computer savvy crowd probably uses Craigslist.
Moreover, where can I advertise my garage sale for free?
There are dozens of websites where you can advertise your garage sale for free.
2. Advertise Online
- Yard Sale Search.
- Garage Sale Hunter.
- Yard Hopper.
- Garage Sale Source.
What sells at a garage sale?
12 Garage Sale Items That Sell Like Hotcakes
- Gently used clothing, in good condition. Everyone needs clothes, and savvy shoppers know you don’t have to pay retail to look good.
- Vintage dishes, glassware, and casseroles.
- Garden tools.
- Shoes and handbags.
- Costume jewelry.
- Games, toys, and bicycles.
How do I post a yard sale on Craigslist?
How should I price items for a garage sale?
- Write prices on masking tape or stickers.
- Put up a sign designating different color stickers for different prices (e.g. red is 25¢, yellow is 50¢, etc).
- Sell items in bundles (e.g. $1 each or five for $4).
- Price items between 10 and 30 percent of their retail value [source: Garage Sale Source].
How do I list on Facebook marketplace?
- Click the Marketplace icon, then tap the ‘Sell’ or ‘Sell something’ button.
- Enter an item title, description and price.
- Confirm your location.
- Select a category of item.
How do I sell merchandise on Facebook?
- First, make sure you’ve set up your Facebook Business page.
- Add a Store section to your page.
- Now add your products!
- Manage your products – add sizes and other product details for your customers to browse.
- Set up your payments options.
- Set up your shipping options.
How do you do online yard sales?
- Why you should Move Your Garage Sale On-Line: No-Sweat Item Display.
- Organize your Items.
- Find the Platform.
- Write Detailed Item Descriptions.
- Take Good Pictures.
- Set Your Boundaries.
- Advertise Online.
How do you advertise a moving sale?
- Involve others from the start. Ask your family members to help!
- Pick a Friday or Saturday. Excluding holidays, weekends are usually best for garage sales.
- Choose a location with good access and ample parking.
- Get the word out.
- Price items ahead of time.
- Make shopping easy.
- Plan for the weather.
Are garage sales illegal?
What should you not sell at a garage sale?
Are Sundays good for garage sales?
How far in advance should you advertise a garage sale?
But most sites let you post your garage sale online as far as 2 months before your actual yard sale date.
Do you have to pay sales tax on garage sales?
What food sells at garage sales?
- Cans of pop.
- Bottled water.
- Juice boxes.
- Homemade Lemonade, Iced-Tea, other juices. Make a lemonade sale sign or whatever drink or drinks you are selling.
- Coffee and tea can be tricky because you have to also provide sugar, sweetener, milk, cream.
Are garage sales worth it?
Is there a garage sale app?
What should I put on my garage sale sign?
What is the best month to have a garage sale?
- The best time is generally spring, especially early spring.
- Summer is next best if it isn’t too hot.
- End of summer and fall are often ignored but can also be successful because the weather’s just as nice, and there’s less competition.
What day of the week is best for a garage sale?