- Step 1: Your Materials. You’ll need:
- Step 2: Cut the Basic Cardigan Shape.
- Step 3: Resize the Armholes and Side Seams.
- Step 4: Resize Your Cardigan.
- Step 5: Sew the Sides and Hem the Front Opening.
- Step 6: Reattach the Sleeves.
- Step 7: Reattaching the Collar.
- Step 8: Add Your Applique.
Then, how do you make a cardigan out of fabric?
Not Just for Knitters: Learn to Sew Your Own Cardigan!
- Step 1: Get the right needles.
- Step 2: Select your fabric & pattern.
- Step 3: Choose your size and cut the pattern pieces.
- Step 4: Sew the pockets.
- Step 5: Sew the back.
- Step 6: Sew the shoulders.
- Step 7: Attach the sleeves.
- Step 8: Sew the side seams.
Beside above, how do you turn a sweater into a vest? Sweater Vest
- Step 1: Cut Off Sleeves. First you need to cut off the sleeves directly after the seam.
- Step 2: Trim and Pin. Next, turn the shirt inside-out.
- Step 3: Sew Sides.
- Step 4: Cut Down Middle and Pin.
- Step 5: Fold and Pin Sleeves.
- Step 6: Set and Sew Buttons.
- Step 7: Make Button Holes.
- Step 8: Size Hole.
Besides, how do you turn a knitted cardigan into a jumper?
How to refashion a jumper into a cardigan
- I love cardigans.
- Find the centre of the jumper by measuring across the top and bottom.
- On either side of the centre front line, sew a seam of zigzag stitches.
- Attach a band of cotton ribbon or bias binding to the back on each side.
- Mark where you want your buttons, and sew the buttonholes.
How do you put buttons on an open cardigan?
1. Put the cardigan on and use pins or vanishing fabric marker to mark where you want the buttons to be. Keep in mind that in addition to the buttons that will be visible on the front of the cardigan, you will also need to sew a small button on the reverse side of the fabric.
How do you adjust a tunic top?
- Wrap the measuring tape around your waist, around your hips and around your chest. Record the measurements.
- Turn the tunic inside out and lay it out on a flat surface.
- Mark on the tunic the amount you’ll take in at the chest, waist and hips on each side of the shirt.
- Fern and Faerie: Greekish Tunic Top.
How do you fix a sweatshirt that is too big?
- If you want to shrink your shirt 1 size, leave it in the water for 10-15 minutes.
- If you hope to shrink your shirt 2 sizes, let it cool to room temperature.
- Do not do this if washing a polyester sweatshirt.
Can you hem a sweatshirt?
Should hoodies be tight or loose?
How much fabric is needed for a cardigan?