Sofas vary in size, from 6 to 8 feet long and 32 to 40 inches deep for a standard size sofa, to 4 to 6 feet long and 28 to 30 inches deep for a loveseat. The actual depth of the seating area is reduced by the depth of the sofa’s arms and back of the sofa.
Click to see full answer
Also question is, what is the average width of a sofa?
Here are the standard table and couch dimensions: Three-seat sofa: 35 inches deep by 84 inches wide. Loveseat: 35 inches deep by 60 inches wide. Armchair: 35 inches deep by 35 inches wide.
Secondly, how do I choose the right size sofa? A general rule of thumb is that your sofa should not occupy the entire length of a wall. There should be at least 18” of space on either side of the sofa. If you want a sectional with a chaise then the long chaise portion should not extend more than halfway across the room.
Secondly, what is the average depth of a sofa?
An average sofa’s seat depth ranges from 21 to 24 inches, but you can find many options outside of that range. If you like to sit upright in your sofa, choose a shorter seat depth. The exact number will vary depending on your height, but 20 to 22 inches tends to be a good range for most people to sit up comfortably.
What is the average length of a 2 seater sofa?
The Floyd 2–Seater Sofa has a length of 60” (152.4 cm), depth of 31” (78.7 cm), and height of 32” (81.3 cm). The seat is set at a height of 17.5” (44.5 cm) and a depth of 22” (55.9 cm).
Outside depth for most couches ranges from 31 to 40 inches, while inside depth is typically between 21 and 26 inches. A sofa with depths on the lower ends of these scales tends to be traditional with narrow seats that encourage upright posture and two feet firmly on the ground.
New furniture generally hits the showroom floor around the end of winter and end of summer, and so around February and August, you’ll often find better deals and discounts, as retailers make room for the new season’s offerings.
The Deep Couch
- Add an extra pillow or two behind you. Yea, this is the best way to fill up that extra space that you don’t need.
- Sit sideways. When your hanging out, sit on the end of the couch and turn in.
- Curl up.
- Best Overall: Laurel Foundry Modern Farmhouse Roaslie at Wayfair.
- Best Mid-Century: Isaac Sofa at Wayfair.
- Best Budget: Zinus Classic Upholstered Sofa at Amazon.
- Best Stylish: FÄRLÖV Loveseat at Ikea.
- Best Sectional: Ikea VALLENTUNA Sectional at Ikea.
- Best Customizable: West Elm Drake Sofa at West Elm.