|Type||Per Square Foot|
|Terrazzo||$3 – $7|
|Travertine||$1 – $2|
Simply so, can marble floors be refinished?
Like any other flooring material, they are susceptible to scratches and discoloration that may dull the finish. It is easy to refinish marble tiles using a few simple tools and cleaning products that you can purchase at the hardware or home improvement store.
Beside above, how do I get my marble floor to shine again? Deep cleaning and polishing can bring back the shine, and you can remove tough stains with a poultice.
- Sweep or dry mop the floor to remove surface dust and dirt.
- Mix 3 tablespoons baking soda and a generous squirt of dishwashing liquid to 1 quart of warm water.
- Fill a bucket with plain tap water.
Secondly, how much does it cost to clean marble?
The average cost of polishing a stone floor is around $2 per square foot for regular maintenance polishing, and $7 per square foot for restoring a damaged floor back to a polished finish.
Types of stone floors.
|Type of Stone||Can it be Polished||Average Cost of Polishing|
|Granite||Yes||$3 per sq.ft.|
|Marble||Yes||$2 per sq.ft.|
How much does it cost to restore terrazzo floors?
A. The general cost of terrazzo restoration is between $2 – $5 per square foot. Many factors that determine the cost include the amount of square footage, furniture to move, nails to cut, cracks to repair and especially the amount of holes or pitting to repair.
How do you redo a marble floor?
- Step 1 – Clean the Stains. Clean dirt, grime and stains using a mop soaked in warm water.
- Step 2 – Polish the Marble. Polish the stones to produce a new look as the next step in the restoration process.
- Step 3 – Seal. Apply a marble sealer or impregnator (this step is optional and up to the homeowner).
Why is my marble floor dull?
How do you refinish marble?
Can you sand marble floors?
Does sealing marble change the color?
How do you get the shine back on granite countertops?
Can you seal granite yourself?
How do you protect marble stains?
- SEAL. Sealing repels staining agents but doesn’t make marble stainproof.
- PROTECT. Vinegar, citrus, and tomato will etch marble; don’t let them sit on the stone.
- CLEAN. Avoid using acidic or abrasive cleaners. “
- SPOT TREAT. To remove stubborn stains, use a poultice paste.
Can granite countertops be resurfaced?
How often should marble floors be polished?
How often should granite be sealed?
Can you steam clean marble floors?
High heat steam cleaners may cause damage to porous marble floors, but steam mopping is still an undeniably effective way of removing dirt from marble. Keep moisture to a minimum, and avoid commercial-strength floor cleaners in favor of smaller steam mops.
Can I use baking soda to clean marble floors?
What is the best product to clean marble?
Is hydrogen peroxide safe for marble?
How do you polish marble floors yourself?
What is marble polishing?