A coincident mate, like the name sounds, is a mate between two features that you want to coincide with each other. Generally we use it for making two planes parallel and coincident.
Also know, what does coincident mean in SolidWorks?
A coincident relationship, which tells SolidWorks that two points should always be touching, is a common and useful relationship in design. Coincident relationships can be used in both 2D sketch mode and 3D assembly mode to define your model.
Also, how do you fix mates in SolidWorks? Try these actions, which sometimes fix the problem:
- Drag a component to snap it into place.
- Suppress and unsuppress the affected mates.
- If the components are far from their correct positions, suppress some of their mates, move the components closer to their correct positions, then unsuppress the mates.
In respect to this, what is a mate in SolidWorks?
Mates. Mates create geometric relationships between assembly components. As you add mates, you define the allowable directions of linear or rotational motion of the components. You can move a component within its degrees of freedom, visualizing the assembly’s behavior.
How do I delete a mate in SolidWorks?
To delete a mating relationship:
- Click the mate in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Do one of the following: Press the Delete key. Click Edit > Delete. Right-click and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
What does Coradial mean?
What is collinear SolidWorks?
How do you draw a parallel line in SolidWorks?
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- Click the geometry to dimension.
- Use rapid dimensioning to place evenly spaced dimensions. Alternatively, move the pointer outside of the rapid dimension selector to place the dimension.
How do I add a coincident constraint in SolidWorks?
- Drag the center of the circle on the end of the line.
- Drag the end of the line on the center of the circle.
- CTRL+Select the Circle and the end of the line and choose Concentric.
- CTRL+Select the center of the Circle and the end of the line and choose Merge. Related Content. Unable to retrieve content from the server:
What does concentric mean in Solidworks?
How do you use mates in Solidworks?
- Click Mate (Assembly toolbar), or click Insert > Mate.
- In the PropertyManager, under Mate Selections, select the entities that you want to mate together for Entities to Mate .
- Click to close the PropertyManager, or click before you click to create a new mate.
How do you mate parts in Solidworks 2019?
- Add a mate by clicking Mate (Assembly toolbar), or Insert > Mate.
- Edit a mate by expanding the Mates folder in the FeatureManager design tree. Right-click one or more mates, and select Edit Feature.
How do I move a part in Solidworks?
- Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy .
- Click Translate/Rotate or Constraints at the bottom of the PropertyManager (if necessary) to switch to the page you want.
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
What are mates and why are they important in assembling components?
How many degrees of freedom does a concentric mate have?
What does fix do in SolidWorks?
How do I fix a sketch in SolidWorks?
What is a fixed component?
How do you make a component flexible in SolidWorks?
- Click a subassembly in the FeatureManager design tree and select Component Properties .
- In the dialog box, under Solve as, select Flexible, then click OK. Flexible is not available for lightweight subassemblies.