Click to see full answer
Besides, what paint color looks best with cherry cabinets?
Whites with warm undertones, such as creams or light tans, work well with cherry cabinets. If you need a bit more color, go for pastels with cool undertones, such as pale gray or light blue. The lighter, cooler undertones pick up the lighter shades in the grain of your cabinets, which brightens the wood.
Also, what paint color goes well with cherry wood? The dark cherry wood finish stands out sharply against light tones. These paint colors call attention to the wood, and are ideal for highlighting a fine furniture piece. A tint of light green, light blue or dusty yellow with brown or gray undertones will create high contrast in the design.
Also asked, what wall color goes with light cherry cabinets?
Contrast your cherry cabinets by painting the walls gun-metal gray or even a gray that’s tinted with a steel blue. If you have a lot of walls in the room, tint the main color by adding white, diluting it for the feature wall. Adding brushed aluminum hardware to the cabinetry unites the cherry with the wall color.
What color tile goes with cherry cabinets?
Try bright white tiles or black ones with wide grout lines. Go bold with cornflower blue or sunflower yellow. The idea here is not to blend with the cherry cabinets, but to make them stand out in contrast. Throw out your preconceptions of warm and cool colors when using this approach.
Go with either a lighter or darker stain for hardwood floors, or choose a light colored vinyl, linoleum or tile floor, which creates a contrast with the cabinetry. Pick colors that are warm in tone to match the natural warm tones of this wood.
- Prep Work. We start with the prep work covering floors and countertops. Cherry Prep Before Painting. Protecting Counter Before Painting Cabinets.
- Clean Everything! Prime. Paint. We use TSP, sandpaper, degreaser and denatured alcohol.
- Remove Doors. Clean. Prime. Paint.
If you would rather tone down the wood’s reddish finish, do so with a bedding color that resembles it, such as raspberry red or Merlot, or go with something neutral such as gray or beige; the former provides richness while the latter has a cooler note that is visually soothing.
- Keep It Simple With White. A crisp, clean white will create a gorgeous contrast between the white paint and the dark color on the floor.
- Go Green for a Beautiful Contrast.
- Choose a Cool Blue Shade for a Peaceful Space.